Monday, July 5, 2010

Toys: Travelling 3300 Miles and 26 Years...

After much disappointment at Funan (see post below), I got an SMS from CK: "It's here."

YAY! I've been expecting my third shipment from eBay since last week! So I headed back to the shop to collect my parcel. Have I mentioned earlier that I LOVE PARCELS? :D


All the way from Chiba Prefecture, Japan.


Apparently in 2008 someone found a few cartons of unopened Nintendo Game & Watch Donkey Kong Hockey in a warehouse (in Japan?) originally headed for Hong Kong. So now you can find them mint in boxes floating around eBay. And cheap (as low as US$50+ at some sites), compared to other mint Game & Watches such as Parachute and Octopus (both US$1000+ to US$2000+).


It's a VS game where you play against another player or the computer. Me and CK got bored after 5 minutes HAHAHAHA...


But it's a nice piece of nostalgia to hold in your hand, especially when it's travelled so far and long to reach you.

No comments: