Monday, July 5, 2010

Toys: Tit Tit Game

A bit of back story on why I bought the Nintendo Game & Watch Donkey Kong Hockey:

I used to have this white Panorama Series Game & Watch Donkey Kong Jr. Unlike like the shared Octopus and Parachute, I can let others play with it, or not, because it was my reward for getting good grades at school. I had a great time playing with it and kept it nice and clean in its box when its not in use. Eventually I forgot about it as I got into high school, then college and went studying abroad, followed by working in Singapore.

A few years ago I asked my mum about it and she said my younger brother was playing with it after I went studying. When I asked him about it, he said he's broken it and threw it away. *ouch*

A search on eBay didn't get good results on this particular item. But it led me to Donkey Kong Hockey. And it's BRAND NEW! So there you have it.

Just a few days ago I googled "tit tit game" (the sound the game makes) and found this:


The blogger, KS, got his Donkey Kong Jr at the exact same place I got mine! The price label is unmistakably Super Burmah (now defunct Super Departmental Store, Burmah Road, Penang). And he's born in 76!

So I did the only sensible thing a nostalgic sentimentalist would do: I wrote him an email, asking him if he would sell it to me if he's no longer emotionally attached to his game. It was a looong shot.

And he replied two days ago! Guess what? He misplaced all those games after he took the picture for his post in 2008! Dang!

The search for Donkey Kong Jr continues...

Source: http://patheticattempt.blogspot.com/2008/05/game-and-watch.html

2 comments:

kuanth said...

i so shy! u said tit tit!

Ms Teat Teat said...

That's becuase you humsup.