Thursday, July 22, 2010

Post Inception Syndrome (PISsed)

I knew I was in a dream and I was receiving this mysterious black envelope when I heard the music (in the movie the music is played through headphones by an accomplice to the dreamer so he knows that the kick [the sudden feeling of falling] that would wake the dreamer up is coming). But it's too soon! I haven't even looked at what's inside the envelope yet! However, unlike the movie, it's not Édith Piaf's "Non, je ne regrette rien", the music sounded quite ethnic... I had to listen more closely (I sleep with ear plugs and my head sandwiched between two pillows).

When I finally figured out the music I was already wide awake (yes never to find out what's inside the black envelope). The music was unmistakeably Indian: there were the signature "Hoy! Hoy!" at certain intervals, hand-clapping as base rhythm and the occasional drumming.

MUUUUTHFUUUUKRS! It was 4.45am. OK maybe they would go away after a few minutes... so I sandwiched my head harder (any harder my head'd become a pâté).

5.05am: I gave up! I went to the window and saw a bunch of 6 to 8 Indians opposite my house doing the full set with dance and it didn't look like they were going to disperse any time soon.

So I did the most sensible thing any pissed dream agent would do when his mission was interrupted: 999. I told the police there's a bunch of merrymakers opposite my house and he understood immediately. I continued to observe them while waiting for the Police to arrive.

The dance moves included floor sweeps, squat and bounce, hands in air (with "hoyhoy"s) and they were using the large rubbish bin as drum.

Detaining journalist for flood photography is one thing but I must say the police are pretty efficient: they arrived in 10 minutes and I could almost see the panic on their faces as the police car approached. A few quickly walked away but the police managed to question 3 of them. And made them picked up the mess they made.

Joy! Most probably should get back to sleep (and maybe find that black envelope...)

*growl growl*

OK some instant noodles first.

No comments: