Sunday, July 24, 2011

Never Argue with a Taxi Driver

Me: "Fullerton Hotel please."

Idiot: "Fullerton ah? Maybe got traffic jam lei." (referring to National Parade rehearsal)

Me: "Oh, can you try Kallang Bahru, then Lavender Street , then Beach Road..."

Idiot: "Beach Road maybe got jam also! Bandemmer, CTE maybe got jam also!"

Me: "..."

K: "OK just follow whichever way you prefer."

Me: "Can you let us know what route will you be taking?"

Idiot: "I know my way one! I know my way one!"

Me: "Can you just tell us which route you intend to take if you know your way?"

Idiot: "I know my way la!"

"..."

So I was then looking at my phone. (mistake)

Idiot: "Your GPS not accurate one, I also got GPS what!"

Me: "I'm not checking my GPS you idiot can you just shut up and get us there?!" (mistake)

Idiot stopped the car and said he didn't know how to get to Fullerton and asked us to get out of the cab!

I scanned for the driver's ID which is supposed to be displayed on the windshield but not able to find it and we got off the car.

I slammed the door. (mistake)

Idiot got down of the car.

Idiot: "You slam my door ah? I check my door if damage you have to pay!"

Door in one piece.

I proceeded to try and take a photo of the number plate. (mistake, could've just memorised it)

Idiot: " You take my photo ah? I also can take you photo!"

Idiot took out his phone and snapped my pix.

Then left us with a loud honk.

We managed to get another cab soon after.

Got on and no questions asked and got us to Fullerton in 10 minutes.

NO TRAFFIC JAM.

I'm so complaining this to the I wanna complain department (which I did, but that's another story).

No comments: