Thursday, July 1, 2010

Toys: The Danger of Combined Shipping


This is actually the first shipment to arrive. But it is my second purchase from eBay. The first purchase is DYNAMO, but it arrived later than this one.

You'd noticed there are three very colourful action figures at the bottom. Now what I originally wanted was only PIRANHA. But most eBay sellers will always tell you to combine your shipping because just by adding a few dollars more you can get a few more items you don't really want to be shipped together with what you really want.

And that's how I got those Sky Commanders. I don't even know they existed, even though they are produced by the same maker of MASK toys, Kenner. Sky Commanders were not very popular as they lasted only one season according to Internet searches. The toys mainly involve hanging the action figures on strings and let them slide form a higher place to a lower place. Now that I got 3 I have to collect all 6 to make it complete! Yet I can't open up the packaging to play with them because they'd become "loose" items, meaning no longer "carded" (carded being with a backing card) and the value will drop significantly.


So this is what I really wanted. I've never had it back in 86 and neither any of my friends did (as far as I can remember). Maybe because he has this really bad ass look so it wasn't really that likeable. And unlike DYNAMO from the Split Seconds Series, PIRANHA is just a motorcycle with a side car which will transform into a submarine, with only one Sly Rax. Who's gonna drive the other vehicle?

OK why didn't I get VANDAL? That's what I used to have and couldn't find right? Because if I found VANDAL and DYNAMO on my next trip back to Penang then I'd have TWO VANDALs and TWO DYNAMOs! So for the time being I'm very happy with PIRANHA. Am I going crazy? Yes.

No comments: