Monday, July 12, 2010

Toys: Tomy AAAAGHH & YEEAGHH!


My 5th shipment arrived today! This time it's from US. It took 18 days to reach here, and the shipping cost a bomb! About 1/3 of the total cost!


Tomy AAAAGHH! (left) is what I used to have as a child (it was the same game with a different name called Tricky Traps). And being a quick-tempered child (and now, a quicker-tempered adult, not that I'm very proud of it), I hit the plastic casing so hard it cracked (didn't shatter) because I couldn't get the balls to their final destination after 2 billion attempts. My bother, thinking it was broken, threw it away (yes he inherited my mum's excellent trait of compulsively trashing other people's childhood memories)! And now I got it back, in perfect working condition, and amazingly new! I'm so very happy!

The one in the middle is called YEEAGHH! and it's like 10 times harder (and louder, there must be a dump truck in there) than AAAAGHH! The goal is the same: to guide the balls up and down through contraptions to reach a spot right in the middle of the game. Unlike AAAAGHH!'s horizontal format, this is a vertical game. I didn't have this as a child but since they are from the same series (you can't tell from the weird sounding names?) and COMBINED SHIPPING (what a vile evil) costs less so I got it. And I'm glad I did. :D (I think there's another one in the series called WOW! but it's very elusive, googling "Tomy WOW!" will only get you to "what happened 'to my WoW' account?" haha. Here's a look.)

The seller also included a little surprise gift for me! (I must have paid a lot more for the above than what they cost! But I say they are well worth it). I haven't popped in a battery yet so I don't know what the game is like. Only comes with left and right buttons so most likely it's a game of dodging or receiving something.

His eBay store: http://stores.ebay.com/momandboysshop

Updates
The handheld on the right is an alien ship crushing game. On top of the screen there's an alien mother ship dispatching little alien ships to Earth. At the bottom of the screen is a rocket attached to a rocket launcher. You move the rocket and launcher left or right to crush the little alien ships as they advance towards Earth.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found a mint condition "Tricky Traps" on ebay back in April and got it! It took me FOREVER to find one that wasn't over $100! One even went for $499! I finally found one on ebay FRANCE and it cost a total of only $42 WITH shipping and Handling! I was psyched! I'm trying to collect all the Tomy Marble maze-type games and Last week I logged onto ebay and typed in "Tomy YEEAGHH!" (They almost NEVER have it on ebay and the one I saw last year was over $100!) So I log on and find one in mint condition with the box included! (Although it had been opened, the box was mint as well!!) The seller was from Great Britain and only asked for $15 American dollars for it!!! I snatched it up instantly and with Shipping it was only $26 which was a HUGE bargain!! I should be receiving it and I can't wait! I have never played YEEAGHH before and I'm STILL trying to get more than 2 balls in the Goal on Tricky Traps!

Sin said...

I'm very happy to know that someone out there is sharing the same joy as I find in TOMY's vintage toys! There's another game in this series but it's very elusive and hard to find! I've only seen the picture once and darn I didn't copy it! It's called TOMY WOW! As you can see the name doesn't help in eBay search becuase if you type that in a lot of TOMY toys would come up with listing titles such as "TOMY vintage... Wow look!" or "Wow NR TOMY" or "wow rare TOMY!" etc haha. The layout is flat like Tricky Traps and the case is green in colour. I hope you can find it someday (yes with a little patience, time and luck you can find almost anything on eBay, which I'm sure you already knew) and share it with me. Enjoy your TOMY games for the time being!

Anonymous said...

Hello there, Just shooting a quick tip. Have a look at Tomy Kongman and Travel Kongman they are similar to Aaaaghh/Tricky Traps and Yeeaghh! Best of wishes.